Stage 1 Community Consultation Report available
Stage 1 Consultation for the Seymour Structure Plan involved a variety of participation methods and approaches. This enabled Council and the consultant team to acquire a significant range of inputs, suggestions and comments from all members of the local community.
Council have prepared the ‘Stage 1 Community Consultation Report’ which provides a summary of the community feedback received during the Stage 1 Background and Issues Consultation period.
The following key themes have emerged:
- The Goulburn River – Many respondents have identified that the River presents a significant opportunity for Seymour. It was felt that it is generally underutilised by many local residents and visitors, and can play a key role for the future of Seymour.
- Access – Seymour is well located within the context of Melbourne and also has good rail and road links to Melbourne and surrounding areas.
- Perception – There is a general feeling that some people from both inside and outside of Seymour can hold negative perceptions of the town. However, engagement with non-locals suggested that these perceptions are far from universally held.
- Better variety of housing – Whilst there is a reasonable amount of housing availability within Seymour, the situation could be improved by providing a wider range of housing to cater for individuals of all ages and abilities.
- More jobs - Further employment opportunities within Seymour should be encouraged and supported. Employment opportunities will assist with the retention and attraction of people, including young people and families, to live in Seymour.
- Better education – There is a need to improve the educational facilities currently available within Seymour.
- Military history – Seymour has a strong military history background which should be protected, enhanced and promoted.
- Natural landscapes – Seymour has a great country feel and benefits from the surrounding beautiful natural landscape; and it is important that this is protected.
- Town centre – Seymour offers a strong town centre and good range of retail opportunities, but that some larger national retailers should be attracted to the town.
To view the Report, please click here
Consultation has concluded