Stage 1 Community Consultation Report available
Stage 1 Consultation for the Seymour Structure Plan involved a variety of participation methods and approaches. This enabled Council and the consultant team to acquire a significant range of inputs, suggestions and comments from all members of the local community.
Council have prepared the ‘Stage 1 Community Consultation Report’ which provides a summary of the community feedback received during the Stage 1 Background and Issues Consultation period.
The following key themes have emerged:
- The Goulburn River – Many respondents have identified that the River presents a significant opportunity for Seymour. It was felt that it is generally underutilised by many local residents and visitors, and can play a key role for the future of Seymour.
- Access – Seymour is well located within the context of Melbourne and also has good rail and road links to Melbourne and surrounding areas.
- Perception – There is a general feeling that some people from both inside and outside of Seymour can hold negative perceptions of the town. However, engagement with non-locals suggested that these perceptions are far from universally held.
- Better variety of housing – Whilst there is a reasonable amount of housing availability within Seymour, the situation could be improved by providing a wider range of housing to cater for individuals of all ages and abilities.
- More jobs - Further employment opportunities within Seymour should be encouraged and supported. Employment opportunities will assist with the retention and attraction of people, including young people and families, to live in Seymour.
- Better education – There is a need to improve the educational facilities currently available within Seymour.
- Military history – Seymour has a strong military history background which should be protected, enhanced and promoted.
- Natural landscapes – Seymour has a great country feel and benefits from the surrounding beautiful natural landscape; and it is important that this is protected.
- Town centre – Seymour offers a strong town centre and good range of retail opportunities, but that some larger national retailers should be attracted to the town.
To view the Report, please click here